We want everyone to be able to enjoy our events so we are keen to make them as accessible as possible. If you have access requirements please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Here is some general information which may be useful:
- Access to the front door is via a slight ramp. There are no steps.
- The front doors are not automatic. The door has glass panels so I will normally notice when there is someone at the door and come and let you in, but I will stick my mobile number to the door just in case.
- The front door is 77cm wide on one side but we can open both sides if required.
- The inner door between the lobby and the main hall is 88cm wide on one side. Again, we can open both doors.
- There is an accessible toilet just to the left of the front door as you come in. The toilet door is 83cm wide. There is space for a chair and a carer. There are handles both sides of the loo. There are also handles on both sides of the low handbasin. There is an alarm.
- There is plenty of free parking. The carpark has two disabled spaces next to the front door. (These are designated with signs on the walls — there are no white lines.)
- We normally light the room with a mixture of the overhead fluorescent strip lights and LED fairy lights along the walls. Light levels are a bit lower than normal indoor light levels. Occasionally we use LED parcans that change colour in time with the music, but there’s no on/off flashing or strobing. Lighting arrangements are quite flexible though so if you have particular needs in this area get in touch and we can chat about it.
- We do not currently have a designated quiet room/space but I am looking into this.
If you have questions or want to discuss requirements please email me jen at folkdancing dot co dot uk